Hi Valerie,

thank you for sharing ..and  thank you for the Link to the wonderful
transcript of the video..

Here are my questions..ist this video still available on the Internet to
look at?

Look at this photo:

Do you sign..."Happy to meet you?"

Have  a great day everybody.

Stefan

> SignWriting List
> March 29, 2016
>
> Patty's performance as Helen Keller, in the play and movie (1962) the
> Miracle Worker, won many awards. Her inspirational acting touched me as a
> child. I never forgot her performances. I assume that most of you have also
> see the old film, the Miracle Worker? The original one (1962) that was in
> black and white, with Anne Bancroft as Annie...That was Patty Duke playing
> Helen Keller... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056241/
>
> In 1985, I had the true honor to work briefly with Patty Duke. Patty
> interviewed me about SignWriting in her home in Beverly Hills. The video
> footage of our interview was used in a program called "Learn Signing with
> SignWriting"... Our Board Member, at the time, William Schallert, who had
> acted as Patty's father in the Patty Duke Show, arranged the video shoot.
> Then later, Patty and her husband and two children came to a fund raising
> event for our non-profit organization, held in Hollywood. Patty's sons are
> also well-known actors, and they were darling little boys when I met them.
> Patty was so loving and giving of her time and energy and was so busy, it
> was generous of her to take time to meet with us.
>
> Patty Duke and SignWriting
> http://www.signwriting.org/forums/sponsors/help005.html
>
> She will be so sorely missed. We love you Patty...
>
> Val ;-)
>

> On Mar 29, 2016, at 6:00 PM, Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> SignWriting List
> March 29, 2016
>

>    - Oscar-winning former child star Patty Duke dies, age 69
>    -
>    - As a teen she won an Oscar for playing Helen Keller in 'The Miracle
>    Worker'
>    -
>    - Check out this story on USATODAY.com <http://usatoday.com/>:
>    http://usat.ly/1MQd69o

think positive - think steps - think future