SignWriting List
March 2, 2016

Hello André!
No, at the moment the RAND Keyboard is not connected to editing in SignPuddle Online, but it is connected to editing and writing in Sign Language Wikipedias. The RAND Keyboard can also be used outside of Wikipedia, to create text in SignWriting too...directly on the web...

All of these programs...the Sign Language Wikipedias...the RAND Keyboard...and SignPuddle Online...all of them are using FSW source code developed by Steve Slevinski. FSW is code....it doesn't look like SignWriting... - it looks like a long string of letters and numbers - but when you copy and paste FSW into a Sign Language Wikipedia text field, or into other programs such as SignPuddle Online or SignMaker 2015, then the FSW gives us the SignWriting text...

I will try to give more concrete instruction as soon as I can...it is still under development ...

Right now, if you go to this web page:

SignWriting Wikipedias & RAND Keyboard
http://www.signwriting.org/encyclopedia/

You will find some partially-written manuals and links to the four Sign Language Wikipedias.

Would you like a Wikipedia for Quebec Sign Language in the future? We can create one if you wish, and then teach you how to start writing articles over time...

Val ;-)