January 12, 2017

Hello André!

Happy New Year!

At the moment, Steve is working on a new 2-dimensional TrueType Font, and working on proposing an improved version of Unicode to the Unicode committees. It may take years before Unicode is perfected for SignWriting.

So Steve himself will not be creating a keyboard at this moment....perhaps later...

But meanwhile...

SignWriting already has the Javascript Keyboard, developed by Jair Rand, which we also call the RAND Keyboard, that works in Wikipedia, and in text fields on the web:

RAND Keyboard for SignWriting on Wikipedia and Web
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0041.html

Type with the RAND Keyboard:
https://swkb-35431.firebaseapp.com

...and for those still using SignWriter DOS and JAVA, there are SignWriting keyboards working in both programs.

And Jonathan Duncan is developing new software for the web, related to SignWriter Studio, and Jonathan's new software will include a new SignWriting keyboard...I do not know when that will be ready for use.

So with or without Unicode, the SignWriting script has several keyboards you can use right now, and more planned for the future.

What software are you using right now, André?

Val ;-)