I am currently learning the Langue des signes québécoise (LSQ), a language that is a descendant of ASL and LSF signed mostly in Quebec, in the French parts of Ontario and a bit in New-Brunswick too. I'm at my third semester and taking notes is hell because it's very, very hard to describe signs. That's what I hope SignWriting will help me with.

SignWriting is unfortunately not used much around here.

Outside of the note taking difficulties, I absolutely love my classes. They don't cost me much (because they are given by the government) and all the teachers are required to be Deaf with a capital D.