January 24, 2017

Hi Daniel -
Your books in English and ASL were shipped today.

And while you are waiting for your books, try learning to write some signs.

I already started to read the PDF versions of the books on my tablet.

Please go to SignPuddle for French-Canada (LSQ):

We don't call ourselves French-Canadians, unlike the francophones in the other 9 provinces and 3 territories. We're not French, we're Francophones and we're not Canadians, we're Québécois. I just learned going to the museum exhibit about the history of deafness in Montreal that Raymond Dewar had to fight for his language to be called LSQ instead of French-Canadian Sign Language. But he made the point very strongly that it was not a canadian language.

This is the "translation" section (traduire)

I typed the French words:

bonjour mes amis

and then I pressed the traduire button. I then get a list of choices....when I push the mise a jour button, it gives me a phrase written in LSQ ....see screen capture below on how I did it and then see the completed sentence below...

 That's cool. Though the sentence it gives is more "Hello my friends". To make "bonjour" you have to mouth bonjour at the same time as the sign or do the same sign followed by the sign for day (jour). Same principle for bonsoir.