Hi Claudia,

Welcome back.

I have three presentations for this year's SignWriting Symposium.

1) https://www.slideshare.net/StephenSlevinski/a-sign-by-any-other-name
2) https://www.slideshare.net/StephenSlevinski/sutton-signwriting-fonts-2017-edition
3) https://www.slideshare.net/StephenSlevinski/signwriting-in-unicode-dot-swu

Regarding Unicode, here is a timeline I put together.  There was some discussion and ideas before 2008, but nothing usable.

2008
    International SignWriting Alphabet 2008
    SignWriting in Unicode (SWU) prototype

2010
    October - International SignWriting Alphabet 2010

2011
    April - Unicode Proposal version 1
    August - Unicode Proposal version 2

2012
    January - Formal SignWriting in ASCII (FSW) version 1. Stable but requires SVG for viewing.
    October - Unicode Proposal version 3

2015
    June - Unicode proposal version 3 added to Unicode version 8

2017
    July - SignWriting in Unicode (SWU) version 1. An experimental design that is the same as FSW, but better.

I have several other presentations on Unicode.
- https://www.slideshare.net/StephenSlevinski/sign-writing-in-unicode-8-issues
- https://www.slideshare.net/StephenSlevinski/thanks-to-the-utc
- https://www.slideshare.net/StephenSlevinski/signwriting-in-unicode-next

The website ScriptSource has a nice page with links to the official UTC documents.
- http://scriptsource.org/cms/scripts/page.php?item_id=entry_detail&uid=jt4fblkvhu

Regards,
-Steve