SignWriting List
June 29, 2018

Thank you, Diego, for this earlier question:
On Apr 4, 2018, at 12:49 PM, Dale Spoor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
As a former (now retired) teacher, l know that we will need to develop a set of lesson plans to teach this.  I'm interested in having a recommendation from you about where to obtain a book that I can use for this.  Or, even better, if there is a book available that goes through the signs (for hand, face, eyes, movements, etc.) that is very basic, perhaps designed for children that would work. From that I can develop a curriculum in Spanish to use.

--------------

SIGNWRITING INSTRUCTION BOOKS

Arabic:
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/Arabic.html

English:
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/

French:
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/French.html

German:
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/German.html

Norwegian:
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/Norwegian.html

Portuguese:
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/Portuguese.html

Spanish:
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/Spanish.html

SOME TITLES:

SignWriting Basic Instruction Manual in English & ASL
by Valerie Sutton
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/index.html#SWBasics

SignWriting Basic Instruction Manual in Portuguese & ASL
by Valerie Sutton, translated into Portuguese by Rafaela de Silva
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/Portuguese.html

SignWriting Basic Instruction Manual in Spanish & Honduran Sign Language
by Valerie Sutton, translated into Spanish & Honduran Sign Language by Jonathan Duncan
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs11/sw1002_SignWriting_Basics_Instruction_Manual_Sutton_Spanish_HondurasSignLanguage.pdf

Lessons in SignWriting Textbook in English & ASL
by Valerie Sutton
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/index.html#LessonsSW

Lessons in SignWriting Textbook in Portuguese & Libras
based on Valerie Sutton's book, translated and written by Marianne Stumpf
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs5/sw0472-BR-Licoes-SignWriting.pdf

ASL Hand Symbols Manual
by Adam Frost
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/index.html#ASLHands

SignWriting Hand Symbols Manual for the ISWA 2010
by Valerie Sutton & Adam Frost
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/index.html#ISWAHands

SignWriting Lessons from Spain in English & Spanish Sign Language (LSE)
by Steve & DIanne Parkhurst
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/index.html#SWLessonsSpain

SignWriting Lessons from Spain in Spanish & Spanish Sign Language (LSE)
by Steve & DIanne Parkhurst
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs5/sw0494-SignoEscritura-Parkhurst-ES-LSE.pdf

A Cross-Linguistic Guide to SignWriting in English and Spanish Sign Language (LSE)
by Steve & Dianne Parkhurst
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs7/sw0617_Cross_Linguistic_Guide_SignWriting_Parkhurst.pdf