September 16, 2018

Hello Thiago and SignWriting List!

Thank you for the video you attached in the previous message, Thiago. There are several ways to write this movement. Let me show you 3 choices. Name signs are oftentimes based on something that represents your personality or perhaps it is based on something that you do everyday - so when one writes the Name Sign, it is good to know what the meaning is behind the movement, because in SignWriting, it is a matter of interpretation which movement symbols would "feel" best.

So I have attached 3 choices based on viewing your video without knowing the meaning behind it.

You can find my writings in the Brazilian LIBRAS SignPuddle Online. Go to the LIBRAS dictionary and search for your name Thiago Israel, or follow this link:

http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/searchword.php?ui=12&sgn=46&sid=21311,21312,21313,21314&sTrm=Thiago+Israel&type=any&sTxt=&sSrc=&

Please see attached...

Google Translate:
Hi Professor Valerie, could you please explain to me how to write this sign. It's my name sign that a deaf person sends me on video. Thank you very much in advance