Wow, this is great, thanks for the message, it help me to also learn something that have being an ache to my system. Wish to see more of this signs in my mail. Thanks

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 5:51 PM <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Valerie, Stefan and Andre, thank you for answering.  Valerie, I know you are going through a hard time, but I’m sure the loving care you gave your father (and mother)  must be some consolation to you.

In most of the signs when the thumb rubs the fingers, the fingers also move and close so its not really necessary to show the thumb movement.  But I have a few cases where the fingers only move a little bit so the handshape barely changes and all that happens is the thumb moves across the fingers.  I am almost sure there is no symbol for this because it’s a rare event, but I thought I would check.

Best, Rachel

From: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2019 1:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SPAM] thumb contact with fingers question

SignWriting List

March 18, 2019

Hello everyone on the SignWriting List!

Thank you, Rachel, for the question below, about the thumb rubbing across fingers, and thank you, Stefan, for answering the question with diagrams and examples... It is such a pleasure to discuss SignWriting with you all again. And also thank you, Andre Thibeault, for your answer too - all very well written...

I am almost back to work - I believe in about a week our family life will be in a "new normal" mode and I cannot tell you how much I want to work again (big grin) ... I look forward to more communication soon ...

And once again, thank you to all our friends who have been so kind with your emails and letters of well wishes -

Later today I will look for some of those old lessons on finger motion that Stefan referred to in his message below - there is quite a lot of documentation from our past discussions in the SignWriting List archives:

SW List Archives

and also on the web in E-Lessons:

E-Lessons -

http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/