Thank you, Valerie for your answers about the wrist circles and the diagonal
paths! I think im starting to understand!   Rachel

From: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages
<[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2019 12:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Questions about signwriting symbols with wrist circles and with
curving paths on sidewall

SignWriting List

May 2, 2019

Hi Rachel -

Regarding question number 2 below...

In 0-0, the right arm and hand together are moving as a unit "side-right and
then up-and-forward" and then "side-left and then up-and-forward" - so if
you keep doing that pattern it becomes a winding path that is moving
diagonally up and forward... so if a "diagonal" is a slope then yes - that
is what it is! ;-)

yes, you have interpreted it correctly I believe ;-)

Thanks for the questions, Rachel -

Val ;-)

----------

On May 1, 2019, at 7:51 AM,
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> >
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> >
wrote:

2.	Here is my last question, repeated from my previous email:

If I want a path that slopes, then I would use one of these symbols:

I interpret the first symbol in this set (S2B400) as:

The hand moves upward and sloped toward the horizon (the path starts low to
the ground and rises as it moves away from the signer), while at the same
time curving right and left, as though you are watching someone walking away
from you up a curving mountain path.

Have I interpreted the symbol correctly?