Thank you, Valerie for your answers about the wrist circles and the diagonal paths! I think im starting to understand!   Rachel

From: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2019 12:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Questions about signwriting symbols with wrist circles and with curving paths on sidewall

SignWriting List

May 2, 2019

Hi Rachel -

Regarding question number 2 below...

In 0-0, the right arm and hand together are moving as a unit "side-right and then up-and-forward" and then "side-left and then up-and-forward" - so if you keep doing that pattern it becomes a winding path that is moving diagonally up and forward... so if a "diagonal" is a slope then yes - that is what it is! ;-)

yes, you have interpreted it correctly I believe ;-)

Thanks for the questions, Rachel -

Val ;-)