Other than that, I think your descriptions are fine, Rachel. Thank you for working on describing the symbols.

Val ;-)

---------

On May 13, 2019, at 12:18 PM, Ingvild Roald <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

As far as I know/ remember/ understand, the bar represents the shoulders, not the ears. So you are right, you are seeing the head from above, and the location is moving in a circle as seen from that view.

Ingvild, Norway

Fra: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages <[log in to unmask]> på vegne av [log in to unmask]
Sendt: mandag, mai 13, 2019 20:34
Til: [log in to unmask]
Emne: [SPAM] Location questions

Hi Everyone, I have a question about some top of the head locations that im hoping you can help with –
Im looking at symbol set S384 Location Head Neck.  The second column (column S3841x) has symbols that I think relate to the top of the head.  I interpret the bar as a top view of the ears.  I also imagine that I am looking down at the top of the head as though I were standing on a tall ladder behind the signer, so that when the scallop is at the top of the page, it means it is near the forehead/face and when the scallop is at the bottom of the page it means the back of the top of the head. Here is the set:

Here is how I interpret them from the top down
0 top of head near center forehead
1 top of head near left side of forehead
2 top of head above left ear
3 top of head behind left ear
4 top of head at center back
5 top of head behind right ear
6 top of head above right ear
7 top of head near right side of forehead

Have I interpreted them correctly?

Thanks!
Rachel

Join, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages http://listserv.valenciacollege.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1