May 20, 2019

Hello Marcos Aurélio Hermogenes Boriola and everyone on the SignWriting List!

It is great to hear from you, and I am happy to learn about your project.

There are two places to access the Brazilian Sign Language (LIBRAS) Encyclopedia. The first is the Wikipedia for Brazilian Sign Language, which stores the real articles written in Brazil (so beautiful!).

The other is a file on SignPuddle Online, that is being used as a dictionary that has the vocabulary needed to create articles, but are not the articles themselves. The only place to retrieve the actual articles is in the Wikipedia file.

I assume you are referring to the Brazilian Sign Language Wikipedia project online?

To access those wonderful encyclopedia articles online:

1. go to:

Brazilian Sign Language (LIBRAS) Wikipedia
https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/bzs

2. then click on

All pages in this text wiki
https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:PrefixIndex/Wp/bzs/

3. You will see this (see attached screen capture). Click on each article listed there to see each article.

4. The only way I know to print the articles is to open one, take a screen capture, and create a PDF of the screen captures. That is the way I do it. For example, here is a screen capture of one of the articles attached:

5. There may be other ways to print and publish with the articles on Wikipedia, but I only know the above method. We will need help from Steve, or Yair, or Adam to teach us other methods -

Thanks for your questions and keep us informed of your project -

Val ;-)

---------