SignWriting List
May 2, 2019

Hello Daniele -
I do not think this is off topic. The issue of placing illustrations or photos of body parts, such as hands, inside a dictionary or listing of signs written in SignWriting comes up all the time. So no need to apologize ;-)

For example, when teaching SignWriting hand symbols, Adam Frost and I created textbooks with photos of Adam's hands:

SignWriting Hand Symbols Manual for the International SignWriting Alphabet
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/index.html#ISWAHands

SignWriting ASL Hand Symbols Manual
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/index.html#ASLHands

Meanwhile, I must tell you how much I love your current work, Daniele, without the photos too...

And it is wonderful that you have chosen he Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. Thank you for that.

If possible, I would suggest presenting two versions of your work... one with photos or illustrations and one just as you have it -

I want to present your work to others on our web sites, and I hope you will be interested in presenting at a future SignWriting Symposium.

Like all people, I am behind on other work - no surprise of course. Here in the US, all organizations that are categorized as "non-profit" or "charity" have to submit four government forms and the deadline is May 15th... silly but I am behind on these administrative preparations. So after May 15th I hope to have more time and maybe we can chat about your amazing developments.

Thank you for sharing with the List and I am sure a version of your work using photos will be helpful to many people too -