SignWriting List
May 2, 2019

Hello Daniel!
Thank you for asking for permission to use the hand photos appearing in our book "SignWriting Hand Symbols in the International SignWriting Alphabet 2010".

And the answer is YES. You have my permission to use the hand photos taken by Adam Frost that are in the book, and the hands are Adam's hands. He photographed his own hands. Please give the title of the book credit, and also credit to Adam Frost, somewhere where you are placing credits...that would be nice for Adam. Thank you, Adam, for the beautiful photos.

There are several other publications (authored by others) using Adam's hand photos too, so you are not the only one, and it is an honor that so many fine people around the world are using SignWriting with or without the photos.

I think your work is wonderful, no matter what you choose to do, it looks good. I like the example you have shown us here, and it is also an honor that you are continuing your work.

SignWriting is free to use around the world, just as other alphabets and writing systems are free to use, and the more educational and research tools we have in the world, the better for all sign language and SignWriting users.

So do whatever is best for you - We are here for you, when you need us, and I look forward to following your work -

Blessings -