I was teaching how to write some signs when I came to a very common movement in ASL: down-right-down. An example of a sign with this movement is the ASL number 22. Here is how this movement has been traditionally written.

When I was teaching this writing, my student asked why there has to be three arrows when it is a single (and very common) movement. This lead to a discussion of possible ways to write it. This is what was proposed.

I thought it was interesting that the placement of the curved movement almost implies an initial small downward movement. What are your thoughts on this writing?

Adam