SignWriting List
September 6, 2019

Thank you, Steve, for this excellent report, and for resubmitting the Internet Draft to the IETF.

SignWriting 2020 here we come!

Val ;-)

----------

On Sep 6, 2019, at 10:22 AM, Stephen Slevinski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi SignWriting List,

Last week, I resubmitted an Internet Draft to the IETF.  This document must be updated every six months to stay valid.  The I-D is divided into six sections: Sutton SignWriting, Formal SignWriting, Technology Integration, Transformations, Unicode Considerations, and SignWriting 2020.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-slevinski-formal-signwriting/

The major update of this revision is the addition of the SignWriting 2020 appendix.  SignWriting 2020 is an international call to action to create, organize, fund, and standardize. The showcase highlights the achievements and current tools. The work projects detail the current and future efforts to be completed by 2020. The collaborations show where to connect with the SignWriting community and Steve Slevinski. The challenges outline the issues of standardization, exploration, and debate.

I have updated SignPuddle.org as a website version of the appendix.  Please take a look and tell me what you think.
https://SignPuddle.org

I think 2020 can be a breakout year for SignWriting if we all get together and push.  Explore the website and see if there is any place you can contribute or participate.  Consider joining the SignWriting Team.

Regards,
-Steve
http://signpuddle.org/collaborations.html#steve

PS - We are preparing for the SignWriting Symposium 2020.  Anyone who is part of the SignWriting community and has something to share, consider presenting your work at the SignWriting Symposium 2020.  The official call for participants will come out later this year.