October 4, 2019

Hello Everyone!
Thank you, Rubens, for this interesting question, and thank you, Adam, for your response. This is an interesting sign indeed!

I think you have chosen the correct symbol, Rubens, to write this Brazilian sign. The Finger Movement Symbol, for side to side movement between two fingers, has, up until now, only been for side to side movement of two fingers... For example, the ASL sign for SHEEP (see attached). The index and middle fingers touch each other as they move side to side. But for the first time, Rubens, you show us that sometimes the two fingers can be crossed, one on top of the other, and touch while moving up and down in the crossed position. I think the same Finger Movement Symbol can be used for both side to side, and up and down, depending on the hand symbol that is written.

So thank you for informing us, and we will add that to the definition of the Finger Movement Symbol. See two attachments: