I’m not sure if I understand what you mean by phonological order, João, but I think I can try.

The 4 syllables that Valerie mentioned in her document are beginning hand positions, movements, ending hand positions, and location & facial expressions.

The hand syllables can have the dominant hand and then the non-dominant hand.

The movement syllables can have the movement between the beginning and ending hands in the order that the occur phonetically. If there is a contact followed by an arm movement, the arm movement would not be placed before the contact. However, if the arm movement occurs before the contact, then the contact wouldn’t be before the arm movement.

I generally place the location symbols before the facial expressions for the 4th syllable if there are both in one sign.

Unless I am wrong, I feel that these 4 syllables can be repeated if necessary. Most signs only have 1 main location written, but there are times when there are more than one. I’ll use a writing for the sign DEAF.

This is more detailed than I would personally write it, but it will make my point more clear.

I would order this sign as followed:

Notice that the last 2 symbols are in a repeated syllable set. There are no hand symbols in the second set of syllables because there is no change from the beginning hand symbol.

Of course, Valerie might disagree with my example all together, and that is alright. I haven’t done much with SignSpelling Sequences like she has. ;-)

Adam