Hi SignWriting List,

Looking to the future, I have been modernizing the available tools for SignWriting developers using JavaScript.

I have published the first two packages.  The source code is available on GitHub and the packages can be installed with the Node Package Manager.

The first package is the Sutton SignWriting Core: a javascript package for node and browsers that supports general processing of SignWriting text. This package supports both Formal SignWriting in ASCII (FSW) and SignWriting in Unicode (SWU) character sets, along with the associated query languages and style string.
https://www.npmjs.com/package/@sutton-signwriting/core

The package is thoroughly documented.
https://sutton-signwriting.github.io/core/

The second package is the Sutton SignWriting Font-DB: a javascript package for node that generates SVG and PNG images for individual symbols and complete signs. The package covers the entire set of the International SignWritnig Alphabet 2010 (ISWA 2010). This package supports both Formal SignWriting in ASCII (FSW) and SignWriting in Unicode (SWU) character sets, along with the style string and normalization.
https://www.npmjs.com/package/@sutton-signwriting/font-db

The package is thoroughly documented.
https://sutton-signwriting.github.io/font-db/

I am currently working on the next two packages: the first for TrueType fonts and the second for React components.

I will be using these packages to build the new SignText.  By creating these packages in a modular fashion, I am able to provide other developers with easy access to the same tools I am using.  Other developers will be able to pick and choose what tools they need for developing SignWriting websites, desktop applications, or mobile apps.

Regards,
-Steve
https://SteveSlevinski.me