June 9, 2020

Hello Jonathan, and everyone on the SignWriting List -

Thank you, Jonathan, for creating this PDF of a Honduran Sign Language Dictionary written in SignWriting, based on the SignTyp Project's data collection:

Honduran Sign Language Dictionary
https://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs13/sw1275_HN_Diccionario_video_Honduras_May31_2020.pdf <https://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs13/sw1275_HN_Diccionario_video_Honduras_May31_2020.pdf>

And thank you to the SignTyp Project, directed by Dr. Rachel Channon. This is a gift to the SignWriting community and to the Honduran Sign Language community. We are so fortunate.

I encourage all of you to visit the SignTyp database, which I just visited today, and I enjoyed reviewing some of the dictionaries online... There are videos and photographs of signs from different countries plus SignWriting databases of written signs in separate files - it was magical to visit and explore -

SignTyp Project
https://signtyp.uconn.edu <https://signtyp.uconn.edu/>

SignTyp Dictionaries
https://signtyp.uconn.edu/signpuddle/index.php?ui=1&sgn=0 <https://signtyp.uconn.edu/signpuddle/index.php?ui=1&sgn=0>

“SignTyp: a cross linguistic database and dictionaries for sign languages”
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0054.html <http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0054.html>

Have a great day!

Val ;-)