SW-L  September 2014

SW-L September 2014

The SignWriting Fonts Test Page and Unicode 8 next year

Stephen E Slevinski Jr <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 6 Sep 2014 09:24:11 -0500

Hi list,

Next year, the Unicode 8 specification will include the SignWriting
symbols as described in the ISWA 2010.

I'm hoping we can have a Unicode 8 specific font available before the
official release next year.

--------------------------------------
1: SignWriting Fonts Test Page
Once we have a font created for the SignWriting symbols in Unicode 8, we
can test it against this page.
http://signpuddle.net/iswa/swfont_test.html

2: Data File of Unicode Strings to SVG Glyphs
On the above test page, I have a 1.1 MB zipped data file of Unicode
strings  to SVG Glyph definition.  On