SW-L  July 2010

SW-L July 2010

Signtext query!

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 9 Jul 2010 09:16:47 -0700

July 9, 2010

Hello Dali and Stefan!
These are good questions, Dali. I am glad you are learning to use SignText in SignPuddle.  Thank you, Stefan, for pointing to this manual. I am glad you feel it is a good one, and thank you for your German translation of the manual...it is so valuable.

> http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs3/sw0244-SignText-Instruction.pdf

Dali - Go to page 16 in the manual. It shows the Text Editing Buttons. I will teach you how to use these buttons next message...

-------- On Jul 9, 2010, at 1:32 AM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote: > Hi Dali > > Do you know about the manual -- > > http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs3/sw0244-SignText-Instruction.pdf > > It is an excellent written document - > > Stefan ;-) > > > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- > Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages > [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Dali balti > Gesendet: Freitag, 9. Juli 2010 08:14 > An: [log in to unmask] > Betreff: Signtext query! > > Hello everyone! > I have a new question please! > This times my query is concerning signtext signs' correction. What I mean is as follows; When I make a signtext, and after I finish editing it, and I discover that > there is one sign which is wrong, how can I correct it? I noticed that I can click on the "v" next to the arrows and the "*" symbols so that I can correct it. and here I face two problems: first, after correcting the sign I have to add it, when it is added it is in the bottom of the signs' list, and I have to click on the arrows to make the corrected sign rise upper and upper till it gets next to the wrong sign, thus I delete the wrong sign, and the new one replaces it. > second, if the wrong sign is written several times, so I have to repeat the same procedure as done above, and that's too boring for me, sorry for the > term!!!!!! Is there any possibility to correct the sign in its place, what I mean is, is there a possibility to correct the sign in its place like the corrections of words in a Word document?????? Thank you for the answers!!!!! I also have an extra question : ) in the future, will there be a possibility to make signs from the dictionary appear on signtext directly when typing them, instead of rewriting all of the signs again and again on the signtext???????