SW-L  May 2010

SW-L May 2010

changing settings on your SignWriting List mail...

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 30 May 2010 07:53:15 -0700

May 30, 2010

Hello Charles -
I have written and answered you several times now, and I guess you have not gotten my answers? Please telephone me at 858-456-0098 and I am happy to give you, or anyone, tech support over the phone -

I had no idea you hadn't realized that you can change your settings on the new SignWriting List...you need to change your settings so you can receive your own email messages in your email box...to do that...go to:

http://listserv.valenciacc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1

then type in your name and email address

then push the button for receiving your own messages in your email box

and press the submit button

see attached diagram

On May 30, 2010, at 7:42 AM, Charles Butler wrote: > Help, I'm beginning to think that my replies are disappearing. I get a message saying "your message has been distributed" but then no one replies to it so I can't tell if anyone actually read it. > > I've now asked 4 times why on your machines you can intersperse sign and text, and on mine I can no longer do so. What are you doing that I am not. I have a Mac machine and I have an XP 2003 machine. What settings are being used to be able to clip a sign from the puddle and reproduce it, easily, not tediously, into: > > 1) an email > 2) a text document (I used to be able to clip an assembled graphic without having to clip all of the associated indexing numbers) > 3) displaying sign in anything but the SignPuddle or the Wikipedia without going through convolutions. > > Charles Butler > > > From: Stefan Wöhrmann <[log in to unmask]> > To: [log in to unmask] > Sent: Sun, May 30, 2010 9:57:53 AM > Subject: spelling question F-hands like in "Deaflympics" > > Hi Valerie and sw-list friends, > > attached you find a foto of two F-hands – some signs need this orientation ... for years I wrote the sign with the grip symbol with the “in between” lines to the left and right. > > Today I thought differently. Thumb and index touch each other – but there is obviously no grip. – and the touch in between seems not appropriate either. > > Any idea ? Comments? > > Thank you > > Stefan ;-)