SW-L  May 2010

SW-L May 2010

Re: SignWriting Image Server for web servers, Windows, and Mac

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 11 May 2010 14:05:55 -0700

text/plain (21 lines) , Screen shot 2010-05-11 at 1.25.10 PM.png (21 lines) , text/plain (22 lines) , Screen shot 2010-05-11 at 1.30.03 PM.png (22 lines) , text/plain (4 lines)

SignWriting List
May 11, 2010

Hello Steve!

Congratulations on the new release!

THANK YOU for the SignWriting Image Server 1.0...it looks great...  Beautifully designed and on the cutting edge....We are very fortunate to have this program, which will serve as a basis for new software development...

And I like the green umbrella and the green theme!!

I am really looking forward to exploring and learning...I realize that this is a program in its own right, and I want to understand better how I can use it in my daily work...So from time to time I will ask questions ;-)

The video instruction you mention would be wonderful in time, but a lot of this is pretty self-explanatory...the new SignMaker and SignText features are really terrific...I too will try to write small instructions...so List members...feel free to ask questions...You will find that the SignWriting Image Server is an eye-opener - it will teach you what BSW is, and other aspects of SignWriting...such as SignSpellings, columns and so forth...

Val ;-)

On May 11, 2010, at 1:16 PM, Steve Slevinski wrote: > Hi List, > > Version 1.0 of the SignWriting Image Server is ready. With this release, the open standards of SignWriting are here. Open licenses with an open implementation. > > With SWIS, you can view and create individual signs or entire sign texts with Binary SignWriting. I will be putting a series of videos together to explain how to use the package. > > With the Windows or Mac version, you can use SignText on your local computer without an Internet connection, then create images of individual signs or entire columns of sign text. > > View online: http://www.signbank.org/swis > > SWIS includes both the new SignMaker and the new SignText. It has all of the functionality of Customize Sign and ColumnMaker. > > Example: http://www.signbank.org/swis/image_col.php?bsw=00801da0f9bdf9d58b66f9d3f9e7+008033aaf9d8f9de33a1f9d1f9c862e0f9e9f9cbbaa0f9e1f9b4+f400&view=View