This is a technical discussion. Nothing is going to change regarding
the writing system. The change is only data related.
Back in 2008, I made a poor design choice for Binary SignWriting. I
needed to define what was a character for the encoding model. I decided
that each symbol should be a character. Some others (Stuart Thiessen,
Michael Everson, members of the WLDC, ...) thought that each BaseSymbol
should be a character with an individual symbol being defined as a
BaseSymbol character with one or two modifying characters.
Encoding with symbol characters seemed the better choice, rather than
using 3 times the amount of data to say the same thing. I was wrong.
My choice made searching by BaseSymbol much more difficult. I was
forced to pre-process the data before I could search. This was wasted
effort. I realized the erro