SW-L July 2010

5 fingers handshape

Dali balti <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 Jul 2010 01:59:00 +0000

Hello every one!
I have a small question which might be easy for all of you but it is so embarrassing for me!!!
when dealing with five fingers, and specially when the palm of the hand is facing me, I discovered that many people use different shapes which make me puzzled!
for instance, when I used the Spanish manual which was translated into English for SignWriting teachings, in the list of the symbols, when dealing with 5 fingers (white - not black and not half-half), and when the thumb is touching the other fingers: the handshape direction of the fingers is opposite to the other black handshapes, the Spanish manual do teach so, you can see the handshapes (example to give). But in other french and american dictionaries, the 5 fingers are having the same directions whe