SW-L  August 2010

SW-L August 2010

NEED List members help with UK Workshop

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Aug 2010 08:33:06 -0700

August 17, 2010

Hello SignWriting List!

As you know, there will be a SignWriting Workshop for Writing BSL in Southport, Merceyside, UK on August 27th...

Suzanne Pach, the teacher of the workshop, has already prepared the most BEAUTIFUL printed lessons for the workshop participants, written in BSL - I am so impressed with her teaching and graphic abilities - I know the participants will really enjoy the workshop.

May I ask a favor of those who are in schools or Deaf organizations in the UK? Can you print and post this flyer in your department and in the student hallways? And please post this information on internet lists that you know too....We would be so grateful -

And I hope some of you can attend and register too - it is well worth it - you will receive so MANY materials... DVDs, three books from me, and so many written materials in BSL...

I have attached a PDF that can be printed plus workshop information is below as well - Many thanks! - Val ;-)

LEARN TO READ AND WRITE BSL http://www.signwriting.org/uk/GB09.html Register for the SignWriting Workshop... Date: Friday, 27 August 2010 Time: 10am to 4.30pm Venue: Joint Learning Centre, 54 Bath Street, Southport (Not far from the train station) Tutor: Suzanne Pach (from Holland) Cost: 100 (includes 3 books already received from Valerie in America, plus a "Basics of Sign Language" DVD that teaches BSL signs, and BSL Literature and worksheets written in SignWriting) Refreshments: tea, coffee, hot chocolate & biscuits, but not lunch ('The Swan' - best fish & chip shop in the town - around the corner or local wine bars and pubs for lunch break.) If you want to arrive the day before or stay for the weekend to make the most of your trip, there are plenty of B&Bs in the same street. Limited places: Please confirm your place by emailing your full details and any information that you feel we need to know to: Maureen Doyle [log in to unmask] Or please ring 01704 546626 or text/mobile 07960 984306. Organized by Maureen Doyle from Practice Makes Perfect [log in to unmask] Taught by Suzanne Pach [log in to unmask] Val ;-) Valerie Sutton [log in to unmask]