SW-L August 2010

Re: rotation symbols

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 5 Aug 2010 11:35:46 -0700

text/plain (21 lines) , glyphogram.php (21 lines) , text/plain (4 lines) , glyphogram.php (4 lines) , text/plain (4 lines) , glyphogram.php (4 lines) , text/plain (7 lines) , Movie Recording.m4v (7 lines) , Unknown Name (18 lines) , axial.jpg (18 lines) , Unknown Name (15 lines) , RotationExamples.png (15 lines) , Unknown Name (17 lines)

SignWriting List
August 5, 2010

Hello Adam!

THANK YOU for this video and explanation - it is perfect!

Val ;-)

-------

On Aug 5, 2010, at 11:06 AM, Adam Frost wrote:

> I remember when I was having a hard time with these symbols as well. I think the main reason is that there is so much going on in one symbol. They way that it helped me was to understand that it was really two symbols put together. The traveling arrow and the rotation arrow. I have found that the reason many people have a hard time understanding the combination is not because of the traveling arrow but the rotation. I have found that it isn't an easy one to teach with just words. I have to show someone how rotations work. ;-)
>
> Here are some writings of rotation and traveling arrows separated, and then together.

> And here is a short video of where I do rotations, traveling, and then both together following as I have them written.
>

> Adam
>
> On Aug 5, 2010, at 9:03 AM, Valerie Sutton wrote:
>
>> SignWriting List
>> August 5, 2010

>> Hello Honza and everyone!
>>
>> Yes. That is correct.