SW-L September 2010

Re: Quebec Sign Language AEROPORT

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 5 Sep 2010 10:04:10 -0700

September 5, 2010

> On Sep 4, 2010, at 12:41 AM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
>
>> Hi Andre,
>>
>> I followed your invitation to read this wonderful, wonderful "Aéroport"
>> story - wow - soooo much fun - and it feels almost like sitting in the plane
>> - next to the pilot - the clouds, the heavy rain, the sun, the horizon
>> taking off and landing - and congrats the way you wrote this great opus!!
>> I am so impressed!
>>
>> Just one additional question - perhaps you want to write the left hand for
>> airport in a different way?? Smile -
>>
>> Take care and keep on with the great work
>>
>> Stefan

--------

Hello Andre!
I agree with Stefan - so much fun! THANK YOU for writing this literature - I love it!

Here is a screen capture of a black and white version - I hope you can see this better, Andre - So let me try to read this - see my comments below...I think I understand the first few signs anyway, and I can see the wind, and rain and problems flying in the middle of the document - looks like a hard job to drive an airplane! Val ;-)

Is my reading correct?:

Sign 1 ... Airplane
Sign 2 ... Aeroport
Sign 3 ... Pilot
Sign 4 ... has his hands on the steering wheel of the airplane
Sign 5 ... and while he is holding the steering wheel with the left hand, he uses his right hand to push a lever towards himself and down at a diagonal...which means he is starting the airplane? like putting it into drive? smile - I am new to flying airplanes!

Signs 6, 7 and 8 i am not sure of...is he backing out of the airplane hanger where they parked the airplane?

Sign 9 is taking off, correct?

Smile - Thanks so much, Andre! This is so much fun! Val ;-)