SW-L  October 2010

SW-L October 2010

Writing signs with centers... Anchor Points

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 8 Oct 2010 11:05:01 -0700

October 8, 2010

> On Oct 8, 2010, Ingvild Roald wrote:
> Would it be possible to program a new symbol that would anchor the center of a sign, as the head or the torso do? This symbol should be just a dot on the screen an dissapear (be transparent) when printed or when so chosen. Such a symbol could keep a the flat hand mentioned below in its place. Ingvild

Hello Ingvild!
Great to hear from you again. Hope we can meet on Skype one of these days?...if you have time let's make an appointment ;-)

Regarding the automatic centering of signs, based on the center of the head and shoulders, that does happen in SignPuddle automatically once the sign is saved in the sentence and the entire sentence is saved, the Lanes are centered by the signs with heads and shoulders....

But the idea of an Anchor Point, for writers to us