SW-L December 2010

Happy New Year to the SignWriting List!

SignWriting <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:14:15 -0800

December 30, 2010

Dear SW List members -

For a holiday week, I sure have been working long hours, and so have several of you as well - I know this because of the amazing email I am receiving from all over the world -

Steve has been burning the midnight oil, working long hours too, on the editing of his remarkable document, Encoding the Graphemes of the SWScript, which will be posted on Saturday, January 1st, 2011. The improvements Steve has added, based on your feedback, my feedback and other items, have really enhanced the document...thanks to everyone for your input.

Nancy Romero completed the complete 21 Chapters of the Gospel According to John in ASL in SignPuddle over a year ago, but it has taken a year to get the full 21 chapters into a large PDF and printed book...the page layout and book design was a huge job because of the size of the book - it is 480 pages long. Finally we have the finished 480-page PDF document, and we are ready to print the books. I printed five copies on my home printing machines this week and the hardest part was the binding - I bound the five books myself with coil bind, but the books are so thick it was hard for me to do the coil bind myself, and so I am now going to invest in getting around 10 copies printed elsewhere...in January I will show you photos of the thick books - the thickest ever in SignWriting history that i know of, and it is all SignWriting - no illustrations - just SignText...with an English translation on the bottom of each page in tiny print...based on the New Living Translation (NLT) English bible.

New projects on SignWriting in Poland, Portugal, Germany, the United States, the UK and well...the list is quite long actually...I am trying to put the reports into one large "SignWriting Year End Report 2010"...so that is coming in January...

So now I am writing to request NEW YEAR'S CARDS written in SignWriting...I am also working on the SignWriting cards section on our site -

So send us your New Year's cards!

I will send mine next message -

SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages