SW-L  December 2010

SW-L December 2010

AW: QUESTION...Palm facing fingers pointing down

Stefan Wöhrmann <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 7 Dec 2010 20:30:36 +0100

Hi Andre  and everyone, ---

let me just add one comment to this question of how to write the flat hand

Well, we can distinguish between a "theoretical" problem and a real spelling
challenge of a performed sign...

From time to time people show up and ask for a solution of a "How would you
write this  or that ..." and they just perform some kind of weird hand shape
or movement which has nothing to do with real Sign Language whatsoever.

So for the practical aspect it should be no problem at all to read and
understand a sign describing the flat hand fingers downward back of hand
outward.

In DGS  (German Sign Language) there is a sign "discipline" both palms of
the flat hand touching the upper leg at the side. J