SW-L  February 2011

SW-L February 2011

Re: Handshape available?

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:18:32 -0800

February 28, 2011

Hello Natasha, Steve and List Members!

My guest, who is a SignWriting user, just left after staying overnight here. We had such a terrific time in the past 24 hours, discussing SignWriting and so many things, and I am now trying to absorb all the wonderful things we discussed...

And I am happy to teach you how to construct new handshapes in SignWriting, using either the ISWA 2008 or 2010. It is the same, no matter what, because the feature of constructing handshapes is built into the SignWriting system, and also built into SignPuddle software.

It is always best to use the "officially pre-constructed handshapes" whenever possible, obviously, for a variety of reasons. With the "official symbols" you can sort the dictionaries by handshape more accurately, and search for signs that use that handshape, and so forth...

But sometimes it is necessary to construct an unusual handsha