Monospaced Font

SW-L  September 2011

SW-L September 2011

android app for SignPuddle US dictionary

Schuyler Duveen <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:02:17 -0400

Hi folks,

I'm new to the community. I became interested in learning sign language
early this year, and discovered Sign Writing through some web searches.
Recently, I also became interested in learning about mobile application
development, and SignWriting seemed like a great way to store a large
ASL dictionary offline (so I can get it on the subway and without
downloading a large video or something) and SignPuddle's export made it
possible to start with a large database of signs.

This is still not-even-alpha software -- lots of bugs, and debugging
data exposed, but for those of you with Android phones you should be
able to install this .apk file:

http://skyb.us/static/signlanguage/downloads/SkySigns.apk

(Follow these instructions:
&