SW-L September 2011

Re: local swis2+svg image error

Alan Post <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Sep 2011 07:25:54 -0600

This was a bit of a fun adventure for me. I have a 2gb partition
reserved for my webserver. I formatted this partition with the
default settings, which assumes 8k files. SWIS2 has so many small
files that when I went to unzip the svg2 font I ran out of inodes
in my filesystem. I had plenty of disk space, but couldn't create
new files. :-(

This is only a problem I've encountered on OpenBSD with small (e.g.,
2GB) filesystems. I backed up the files on this partition,
reformatted with a smaller default file size (1k) and restored from
backup.

With all that done, I now have a working local copy of SWIS2
generating .svg files