Monospaced Font

SW-L  September 2012

SW-L September 2012

Re: ISWA (2010) Detailed Location symbols

MARIA GALEA <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 15 Sep 2012 12:56:50 +0200

Hi Claudia-
yes your answer is very good and I will cite you about Detailed Location,
since you have already analyzed it :) (i still have to February - so by
then, I will hopefully have read your whole thesis and then I will add the
exact citation and page number) - how exciting is your work!

I am wondering whether to use the term 'symbol' or 'glyph' in my work -
can you explain why you chose 'glyph' rather than 'symbol'. I think it's
good that academics in a shared field use the same terminology, so if
there is good reason for your choice of the term 'glyph' I think I may
adopt it and say I adopted it from your work..

Thanks!!
Maria