SW-L September 2012

New handshapes for the ISWA 2010

Steve Slevinski <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 18 Sep 2012 09:05:01 -0500

Hi Madson and list,

The core of the ISWA 2010 will not change, but we can add an addendum of
new handshapes. This will be a compatible improvement and will not
change any of the existing data.

I have worked out most of the technical details to make this work. It
relies on creating complex subsets of the ISWA where the symbols can be
reorganized and reordered for the individual languages. We will all
still use the ISWA, we'll just be able to access them according to the
default international order created by Val, or by a custom language
specific order.

Adding new handshapes is not a trivial matt