SW-L  September 2012

SW-L September 2012

SW is becoming widespread ;-)

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 1 Sep 2012 18:31:20 -0700

September 1, 2012

On Sep 1, 2012, at 4:43 PM, MARIA GALEA wrote:

> Valerie, is this another example of a project that emerged without your
> knowledge? Proving all the more that SW is becoming widespread and
> uncontainable?

Yes, this is a good example. Ronnie wrote to me on Facebook to tell me about his dissertation on creating SignWriting captioning software and I was so impressed and happy to learn about the project.  I had no idea until Ronnie wrote to me on Facebook…Thank you Ronnie! Then we started to communicate a little about it and now we are learning more -

So I do not control SignWriting -  it is free and out in the world - that is the way it must be -

I met Steve that way too, back in 2004 I believe - Steve developed his PUDL and other wonderful SignWriting projects, like BlackJack etc without having ever met me - then one day I found