Monospaced Font

SW-L  February 2013

SW-L February 2013

A novel combining wizardry and SignWriting!

Kimberley Shaw <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:37:47 -0500

Hello everyone:
at long, long last ... my novel is available for the world to see and buy!
What is this story? It tells of a mainstreamed kid, who isn't getting
along so great in a hearing/speaking-only environment. The school she
goes to is something like Harry Potter's Hogwarts, but in America.
(After all, there must be *some* Deafs in the "Potterverse", right?
And how can the American "Witch City" not have a magical school of its
own?) But when she encounters magic-workers who talk and WRITE in Sign,
everything changes for the better.
It's called "A Handful of Spells", and I've been working on the
manuscript since 2007. I do eventually want to find it a real
publisher, but in the meanwhile, here is