Monospaced Font

SW-L  February 2013

SW-L February 2013

Re: A novel combining wizardry and SignWriting!

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 27 Feb 2013 18:49:12 -0800

February 27, 2013

CONGRATULATIONS, Kimberley, on your new novel!

And it is exciting to realize that SignWriting is a part of the plot of the novel - wow - I am really looking forward to reading it -

I just ordered two copies of your book online - I am very impressed with the Print on Demand features of the Harvard Book Store Online -

Thank you for posting this message to the SignWriting Listů

I will inform my Facebook and Twitter followers too -

Val ;-)

---------

On Feb 27, 2013, at 4:37 PM, Kimberley Shaw <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello everyone:
> at long, long last ... my novel is available for the world to see and buy!
> What is this story? It tells of a mainstreamed kid, who isn't getting
> along so great in a hearing/speaking-only environment. The school she
> goes to is something like Harry Potter's Hogwarts, but in America.
> (After all, there must be *some* Deafs in the "Potterverse", right?
> And how can the American "Witch City" not have a magical school of its
> own?) But when she encounters magic-workers who talk and WRITE in Sign,
> everything changes for the better.
> It's called "A Handful of Spells", and I've been working on the
> manuscript since 2007. I do eventually want to find it a real
> publisher, but in the meanwhile, here is the self-published version:
> http://www.harvard.com/index.php?/book/a_handful_of_spells
> $15 per copy, for sale online.
> OR for those of you in the Boston / Cambridge MA area (USA), stop on
> by the store, admire the machine they print it on, and pick up a copy
> in person!
> All the best,
> Kimberley Shaw ("Kim from Boston")

-------