Monospaced Font

SW-L  April 2013

SW-L April 2013

Re: For Marquita - ASL Thesis project using SignWriting

Marquita Formosa <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 17 Apr 2013 03:25:51 -0400

Hello everyone,

My initial idea for my thesis was to identify whether it is possible and useful for
sign language users to build a standard video dictionary used for each video
transcriber on the web. I opted to use ASL since if the results proved that if a
dictionary based transcriber can work, then it would make sense to record
videos in Maltese sign language. It is obviously rather impossible to find
Maltese sign language videos as is. The videos were found in ASL and since it is
a language highly used then I opted to use that as a language.
<