SW-L  May 2013

SW-L May 2013

Message for Michael about server issues and PersonalPuddle

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 30 May 2013 07:22:48 -0700

May 30, 2013

Hello SW Listers, and welcome to a new member, Michael -

Thank you for joining the SignWriting List, Michael -

Yesterday, here on the List, I explained to everyone that our server needs to be upgraded with more RAM, but our Internet Service Provider is still working on getting us a new server and setting it up and then we have to move our entire sites over - so we are in a transition.

Meanwhile the old server, where we are right now, is still working, but it is slow to respond sometimes, and so it seems that our sites are down, but actually they are there, just slow. If you come back in 20 minutes and try again, it should work…

But if your web browser is holding the memory of the "site being down message" in cache, it may seem once again that the sites are down, so you will need to Refresh your web browser…

So Michael,