SW-L February 2014

Re: Birthday Greetings from Malta!

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 23 Feb 2014 08:15:56 -0800

February 23, 2014

Thank you Marie, for this message from Malta - I just checked and found out that Maltese time is 9 hours ahead of San Diego, California, so that means you are ahead of me and I am following you!

Isn’t the internet amazing that we have this communication so easily? - When I moved to Denmark in 1970 it wasn’t like this obviously - I wrote to my parents daily from Denmark because telephoning was so hard and cost sooooooo much that there really wasn’t any choice…

I was thinking yesterday that my life is so different now because of the internet - Thank you, Marie, for inspiring the use of SignWriting at the University of Malta years ago.

Here in coastal southern California it is like a desert next to the ocean, and we have sunny weather right now, no snow and it has been warmer than usual, and we have a drought, so your wet weather does sound inviting ;-)

Val ;-)