SW-L  August 2014

SW-L August 2014

Re: Ordering Signs in Dictionaries

Stephen E Slevinski Jr <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 17 Aug 2014 11:14:41 -0500

On 8/14/14, 8:57 PM, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
> I still don't see a way to sort on symbols that don't exist in the
> ISWA2010 like the one used in LIBRAS for dinosaur until we add them to
> the symbols set because they don't exist yet.  This would be for a
> future version of the symbol set.

Hi Jonathan,

For constructed hand shapes, choose a hand shape from the ISWA 2010 that
is close to where you would like constructed hand shape to sort.  Use
this chosen hand shape in the SignSpelling Sequence. It would be best if
the hand shape wasn't used in the target language.

A group would need to agree and it wouldn't be perfect, but it would
allow for