SW-L  August 2014

SW-L August 2014

need funding for captioning 32 hours of video

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 1 Aug 2014 22:47:01 -0700

August 1, 2014

Dear SignWriting List -

Our non-profit organization here in the US generally runs on a shoestring…in other words…very little money …we just manage from month to month and year to year and we are still here 40 years later!

So we plan to stay around another 40 years at least - so no worries ;-)

But at least for me, it is more fun to write sign language than to write grants - I am sure you all agree?

That does not mean I have not done my share of grant writing - I have. And we have hired grant writers before too…but generally we have survived on small donations from family, friends, and local small grants…

Well, maybe the SignWriting Symposium can help us raise funds. Because with more funding we