SW-L  May 2010

SW-L May 2010

Re: Data exchange with SignPuddle Markup Language

MARIA AZZOPARDI <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 26 May 2010 22:45:08 +0200

Dear Steve, Val and all the list,
I attended the LREC 2010 and I must say I was slightly disappointed at the
very low use of SignWriting in Computer Sign Language linguists. There
were some researchers that told me they considered SignWriting, but opted
for HanNoSys. It would be ideal if SignWriting were used, I thought, but I
probably can't understand the technicalities, as computers are not my
area.
Could you explain why the situation is so.
Thank you very much,
Maria