According to the feedback I received from my last beta version,
there was a big problem running SignWriter Studio with a limited
Windows user account. So I have made the changes. So far I have
tested under XP but still need for it to be tested under Vista and
Windows 7. The changes I made should make it possible to run the
program as a non administrator on Vista and Windows 7 too. I am
looking forward to your feedback either whether it is positive or
whether you detect a problem.
I also made it possible to export and import the programs
settings. Since Beta 3, SignWriter Studio comes with a very small
Sample dictionary and walkthroughs to help new users familiarize
themselves with the features.
SignWriter Studio Beta 4.01
Feel free to share your opinions or any bugs you find.
* Please let me know of anything you feel needs improving.
* Please suggest better keyboard shortcuts
* Please suggest better default lookup names for symbols in the
* Any features you would like to see in future versions.
* Try and crash the program
* Ask all the questions you like after reading the help file.
* The Beta 4 expires May 30th 2010.
or later is recommended. Most computers already have
Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1
for older computers which may
not already have it installed.
Net 3.5 SP1
and up. Most computers already have this installed.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista; Windows XP; Windows Server
2003;Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 or later