Hi Charles,

On 10/7/10 11:15 AM, Charles Butler wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
One might want to consider adding to the artistic center a discussion of projecting any connection points in a computerized version of signwriting.

Currently the system of grapheme placement is onto a 2-dimensional grid. The earlier version in the SignWriter DOS system had 8 connections to a particular grapheme before allowing for extreme fine-tuning. I know that some programmers are working on disallowing fine tuning and reducing computer-generated grapheme clusters to radial positions at 45 degrees.

The document I'm writing only deals with the symbol set and does not cover sign structure or sorting.  The idea is to get everyone using the same symbols in a standard way.  This document will eventually be included in the initial Unicode proposal.

When the time comes to write the second Unicode proposal that covers sign structure and sorting, I'm hoping other encoding ideas will progress far enough to compare with Binary SignWriting.

Regards,
-Steve