Val,
In looking at the SignWriting on the cover of East County Magazine, there seem to be grammatical errors in both the signwriting and the English translation.  The signwriting punctuation seems to say "Hello? How are you. fine."  Of course there's the obvious error of two "are" instead of "how are" in the English translation.   Or maybe I don't understand something?  I would think what's actually being said (English translation) is "Hello, how are you? Fine?"

Bill